The criminal proceedings on the insult of feelings of believers were initiated in Kirov
March 21, 2019 – A resident of the city of Kirov from April 2016 to February 2018 was posting on the Internet drawings and inscriptions that showed signs of humiliation of Christians and clergy, express obvious disrespect for society and was insulting religious feelings of believers, found out the regional FSB1 branch.
Kirov Investigative Department of Investigative Committee of Russian Federation according to received materials started criminal proceedings on article 148 of Russian Federation Criminal Law. (“insult of religious feelings of believers”)
- SOVA Center for Information and Analysis – “The criminal case on insult of feelings of believers was opened in Kirov”
- Kirov Investigative Department of Investigative Committee of Russian Federation official site – “Criminal case was opened on a resident of the city of Kirov, accused of insulting the religious feelings of believers”
- Feb. 24, 2019 – Orthodox Christians are outraged by the performance at the St. Isaac’s Cathedral.
- Dec. 5, 2019 – Orthodox temple of St. Elijah in Petrozavodsk vandalized
- Oct. 25, 2018 – The foundation stone of the St Eugene (Botkin) Church is twice vandalised