8 Damaged Orthodox Churches in the Lugansk region
March 8, 2015. According to the information available on the official web site of the Head of the Lugansk Regional Military and Civil Administration Gennadiy Moskal, for the period of military actions in the eastern part of Ukraine eight churches of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate) were damaged on the territory of Lugansk Region controlled by the Ukrainian army. Most of the churches have broken windows, damaged facades and roofs. Some of the churches were damaged seriously after the direct shelling of the artillery and missiles.
List of the damaged churches:
1. Saint Elijah Church in Lysychanks (damaged roof, crack in a wall);
2. Church in honour of Three Holy Hierarchs in Popasna (numerous damages from shelling of the walls and the dome, the roof of the parish house is holed);
3. Saint Nicholas church in Popasna (broken windows);
4. Saint Nicholas church in the village of Gubovske Popasnianskyy District (numerous wall damages caused by shelling);
5. Holy Trinity church in the village of Troyitske Popasnianskyy District (holed roof, destroyed altar and icons);
6. Saint Nicholas church and Seraphim of Sarov chapel in the village of Novotoshkivka Popasnianskyy District (numerous wall damages caused by shelling);
7. Saint Pantaleon chapel in the village of Toshkivka Popasnianskyy District (numerous wall damages caused by shelling);
8. The Intercession of the Theotokos (Pokrov) church in the village of Triokhizbenka (broken windows, damaged walls after the direct hit of a missile).